We can consider “Architecture” everything that has already been designed and/or built. That would define a realm of conventional solutions, often repeated in a self-referential system. We imagined a counterpart, a “Non architecture”. A world of unexplored designs and countless possibilities, that if found, could enlarge and change permanently the boundaries of Architecture. A universe of chances and opportunities never challenged by architects before. A limitless field of investigation that includes everything that is not Architecture, yet.
NON ARCHITECTURE COMPETITIONS
Non Architecture competitions is a non-profit pointed at finding and bringing forward unconventioanl and unexplored design solutions in the field of architecture.
– Project Managment
– Idea development from scratch to current product
– Marketing director and community management
– Website development
Current data (last update: 21st Jan 2018):
– Competition Registrations: 750+
– Books Sold (pdf and printed): 400+
– Projects submitted: 600+
– Number of members participating: 900+
– Newsletter subscribers: 2000+
– Social Media Followers: 10000+
– Countries with at least 1 session on our website: 170+
Non Architecture practically consists in a series of nine competitions, organized in a time frame of three years. All competitions have their focus on finding innovative approaches to a specific architecture topic, always related to a functional issue.
Emphasis is always pointed to non-traditional, and therefore non-architectural approaches to the architect’s work.